Are you looking for a gift for your old parents and grandparents for a special occasion or just want them to get something special? If you are looking for a gift, you have many options to choose from. You can get them some comfortable clothing, gadgets or even things that would keep them entertained
However, if you want something unique and practical, getting them an ultrasonic denture cleaner would likely earn you brownie points.
For adults who have lost their teeth due to their age or an accident, dentures are their teeth replacement. It helps them to chew their food properly like normal teeth, and also help them smile without worries. Once the day is finished, they can remove it before going to bed for some cleaning and put it back on the next day.
Although these teeth are fake, they must be carefully cleaned to maintain its condition. However, regular methods may not be enough and you will need the help of ultrasonic denture cleaners to ensure no debris gets left behind.
How Do Ultrasonic Denture Cleaners Work?
Ultrasonic cleaners utilize vibrations to ensure that the cleaning solution in its tank can remove dirt and debris easier without having to touch the piece directly. The vibrations also scrub the piece in the tank with the help of tiny bubbles and as they pop, they create shockwaves that gets the stubborn dirt out.
How Do You Use An Ultrasonic Denture Cleaner For Dentures?
If you will be cleaning your loved one’s dentures with an ultrasonic denture cleaner, here are the things you need to do:
- Brush the dentures first with the help of a toothbrush to remove the loose debris stuck on the tooth in order for the ultrasonic cleaner to do an effective cleaning.
- Fill the ultrasonic cleaner’s tank with your cleaning solution or water and ensure that the dentures are fully submerged.
- Turn the unit on and allow it to clean the dentures.
- When it is done, clean the denture with cool water.
What Are The Major Advantages Of Using An Ultrasonic Denture Cleaner?
Denture cleaning with the help of ultrasonic cleaners would be able to clean the dentures at a deeper level than usual brushing. Of course, brushing should still be done to the dentures to get rid of the larger debris. If you add ultrasonic cleaner in the mix, it can also kill the bacteria stuck in the dentures.
Studies show that dentures have very small pores and areas where dirt and bacteria can accumulate. Regular brushing cannot remove these deep bacteria and dirt effectively. However, with the help of ultrasonic cleaners, it can create microscopic bubbles that can reach these hard-to-reach areas and clean it.
Aside from effective cleaning of dentures, ultrasonic cleaners can assist people who cannot do denture cleaning manually because of age and handicap.
Things To Remember
Before you use an ultrasonic cleaner to clean dentures, there are things you need to remember.
First, continuous use of ultrasonic cleaners on dentures can cause damage especially if they rub against each other during the cleaning process. Experts are still divided over this matter, but it is expected that some wear will be visible as time moves on.
Second, some ultrasonic cleaners use heaters to heat up the cleaning solution to make it efficient in removing dirt and debris on the dentures. When the solution heats up, it will also heat up the dentures and this may cause some damage depending on the material used to make the dentures. It is important to ask the dentist to get the specifics if the dentures can undergo ultrasonic cleaning.
What Features Should You Look For?
If you are considering on purchasing an ultrasonic dental cleaner for your loved ones, here are the things you need to consider based on the type of ultrasonic cleaner you are looking at.
For consumer-oriented cleaners For beginners and those looking for cheaper ultrasonic cleaners, this are the cleaners that must be considered if they are going to use it for denture cleaning.
- Unfortunately, considering their prices, these cleaners may suffer unit failures due to their motor and parts. However, with some careful use, you can reduce these risks from occurring.
- The designs for these cleaners are very basic so you should not expect stylish ultrasonic cleaners in this price bracket.
- In terms of their configuration, there are cheap ultrasonic denture cleaners which have simple one touch buttons and those who have a lot. However, it is advisable you pick those with one touch functions since multiple buttons can malfunction over time.
- It is rare to find ultrasonic cleaners in this level that you can ship to 240v countries.
For consumer-level ultrasonic cleaners
- When picking a consumer-level ultrasonic cleaner, it must be able to handle the dentures completely since they have to be submerged for a better clean. When checking the tanks, it should be at least a 1 cup tank and up.
- You should also check for units with one touch controls since it is easier for older people to use and adjust.
- Some cleaners use sonic waves to clean the items in its tanks instead of ultrasonic waves. If you will be using the cleaner mostly for denture cleaning, it is best to use ultrasonic cleaners.
- Stylish ultrasonic cleaners are a plenty in this mid-range model so you don't have to worry about looking for one that matches your preference.
- Ultrasonic cleaners in this mid-range level vary in terms of wattage and it is not difficult to find ones that you can ship to 240v countries since a larger transducer wattage is best for larger tanks.
For high-end and professional models
- These units are high quality and promise effective cleaning for a long period of time, effectively saving you money on getting replacements.
- They have better designs, making them a good place to start if you are after a stylish ultrasonic cleaner.
- They are also easier to use thanks to its one touch configuration. Some units do have more than one button for settings, but it is still easy to understand.
- Professional models can clean other types of delicate objects, not just dentures. They also have the appropriate timing cycles to clean these items.
- Ship to 240v countries for these models is possible due to its powerful machinery and features.
Even if the elderly does not have real teeth anymore to fill their smile and help them chew their food, they do have dentures to help them out. However, just like real teeth, these dentures should be cleaned and kept shiny at all times so they won’t stain or get damaged.
Getting your loved ones a stylish ultrasonic cleaner can go a long way for their dentures since it can clean every debris in their fake pearly whites at a short period of time. This machine would also reduce their worries about getting it clean and even use it for other delicate items.
So, what are you waiting for? Buy one for your elderly loved ones today!